Online Shopping Tips
What can you do to keep safe when shopping online?
The internet has already established itself as a worldwide market place where you can buy pretty much anything you want. But lots of people are still not sure how safe it is to use credit or debit cards while shopping on-line so here are some tips;
- Always use secure sites when shopping online. Look for the padlock symbol.
- Always confirm delivery guarantees and check the return and refund policy.
- Always keep back ups and printouts of all online documentation.
- Never disclose your card or bank details as proof of identity or age.
- Only transmit your financial details by secure email i.e. through a secure website or encrypt the message.
- Always check bank statements carefully for discrepancies. If you find transactions you haven't made, contact the retailer and your card issuer as a matter of urgency.
For more advice visit Sainsburys Bank guide to shopping safely on-line